I am currently reading Dancer Daughter Traitor Spy by Elizabeth Kiem. I am really enjoying this book because every time you flip the page you are expecting one thing to happen but another something completely different happens. So far I am really enjoying this book and the author really has a keen sense for keeping her readers on the edge of their seats.
That sounds like a good book that when you expect one thing but another thing happens. My book sort of does that too. What is another reason you love this book?
I am currently reading the book, Perfect written by the author Natasha Friend. I love this book because it includes fun events which makes me get hooked up with this book. This book includes some sad events too, but most of the part is about the main character Isabelle's adventure in school and in GROUP, so I enjoy it. I'm looking forward to reading the next part of this book quickly.
It might sound weird because I didn't explain what the story was about. Basically the main character, Isabelle meets a girl named Ashley who Isabelle thinks she's perfect. Isabelle admires Ashley for her outstanding beauty and perfect grades all the time, but later on, she notices that Ashley is happy on the outside, but hurt in the inside of her heart. Since, Isabelle's heart was broken too, they rely on each other's shoulders to overcome the difficulty.
I am currently reading the second book of the Lorien Legacies Series, called The Power of Six, by Pittacus Lore. I just started the book today because I finished the first book of this series yesterday, called I Am Number Four. So I am just going to tell you how much I enjoyed the end of the last book. I loved the ending of I Am Number Four because there was lots of action and character development. A new character was introduced and my questions were answered that I came up with at the beginning of the book. Secrets were revealed. Cool things were used by characters. I can not explain with too much detail because it would ruin the book for my peers, but it was a very exciting and happy end, but it had my favorite end to great books......a good cliffhanger. As I read The Power of Six, I hope to learn more about the characters and things that happened in the past. I would definitely recommend this book to my classmates.
I'm reading Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan. I am enjoying it because it has characters going on a quest that is life threatening, because they go into the Labyrinth, and that really hooks me in so I always want to read more. I never want to stop reading it. Also I'm at a part where some main characters are missing and the stop talking about them, other than the main characters talking/looking for them.
I have read this book and the series if you are really enjoying it you should keep going. Trust me there is a lot more in store for these heroes and the farther along in the series you get the more thrilling it will become.
I am currently reading Divergent by Veronica Roth. I am enjoying it because the main characters are easy to relate to. They go through everyday things that we go through. I am also enjoying because it is a page turner. You are never bored while you are reading this book. There are never any lulls. I am really enjoying this book so far and I would recommend it to anybody.
I am also reading Divergent, and I am enjoying the book as well. I find the book very exciting and interesting. I stopped reading though, because one of my friends wanted to watch the movie, and it gave away very important parts in the book. Are you almost done with the book, or have you just started? Do you find some parts more interesting then others? I would recommend Divergent too.
I just finished The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. There were so many things I loved about this book. One thing I loved was the quotes. The writing in this book was so beautiful and thoughtful. I think John Green is an amazing author. I also loved the characters. Hazel and Augustus are both so smart and charming, and watching their relationship grow was very fun. Lastly, I loved the story. It was happy, tragic, romantic, funny, and moving all at the same time. I fell in love with this book like Hazel did: slowly, then all at once.
I have just began to read a book called Safekeeping by Karen Hesse. I am enjoying it because it is a mysterious dystopian book, and I like the slightly chilling aspect of it. The book is about a girl who goes and volunteers in Haiti to help orphaned children, only to have to return to America when the president is assassinated. In the part that I am reading, she has just arrived at the airport in America. Her cell phone is dead, and her parents are very late in picking her up. Eventually she leaves the airport, manages to get to a gas station, and uses the pay phone only to find that her parent's home phone has been disconnected. I am really enjoying the suspense, and I can't wait to find out what happens next.
I read Safekeeping last year, and I really liked it. The photography in the book is very beautiful, and the suspense excited me too. I thought it was a great story of determination and loyalty. However, I did feel that the figurative language in the book was not very deep. Overall, I loved Safekeeping and I hope you do too.
This novel is another favorite of mine--a dystopian twist (back to that genre, Roshini :) --but it still feels fresh and unique. I found myself believing the events that occur could really happen.
I have ben reading two independent reading books, Divergent and Marked. Marked is about a sixteen-yearold girl named Zoey. Zoey was marked, which meant that she had turned into a young vampire and had to leave her old life and move to "The House of Night", a school where she will learn how to become an adult vampire. What I love about this book, is that I can see everything that's happening in my head like an ongoing movie. I usually don't read many fantasy books about vampires, but this book was recommended, and I am so glad I started it. I'm almost done with Divergent, which is a book about a sixteen-yearold girl named Tris. In their society, there are five factions, Abnegation, Dauntless, Amity, Condor and Erudite. You need to part of one faction in order to survive, and Tris is Divergent. When your Divergent, it means you belong to more then one faction, your different from everyone else. Divergents threaten the system and society and need to be removed. I like the plot of the book, and how the author created an entire world with her imagination, and shared it with others.
I have been reading "The Count of Monte Cristo" by Alexandre Dumas. The book is about a young man (Edmond Dantes) who lives in France after Napoleon was overthrown. He is falsely accused of helping Napoleon, and is imprisoned in a dungeon. I am in the part of the book (after he escapes prison) where he exacts revenge against his enemies who put him in prison. I can't give too much away, but I can say that it is quite hilarious. I really recommend this book!
I have read "The Count of Monte Cristo." I It's an engaging read and is very exciting. Henry, did you like the book? I thought it was awesome. I would really recommend this book too.
Ooh, this book seems interesting. Wow, he is falsely accused, and he is looking for revenge! What kinds of things in the book made you love it so much, and why? How was the book funny to you, and did you laugh out loud while reading this book?
Great comments, guys! And interesting summary, Henry. I'm wondering is the entire book hilarious, or just the scene you mention? I'm glad you're enjoying it.
I have been reading The Giver by Lois Lowry. It's about Jonas and his Utopia after his 12th ceremony gets selected for his job. and he gets different types of memories than other people do, and more. I'm enjoying this book because it's a unique book, and I like the way it's constructed. And after the end in this book I'm curious to see what will happen next. I'm also reading this book because the first time I read it I felt like I rushed it. The Giver is also the first book of a series. I'd recommend this book and the series even though I'm not close to finishing this series.
I'm glad to hear you're tackling something again if you felt rushed the first time around. What do you think will be different about the experience this time? You mention the unique construction; what exactly is unique about it?
I have been reading the book Matched by Ally Condie. I am enjoying this book a lot. What I really like is that the main character, Cassia, was matched with her best friend, Xander, but on the screen flashes another face. Ky Markham. They said it was a mistake and he can't even be matched because his father did something bad and so it effected his son too, but she starts to fall for Ky and she can't get Ky out of her head. I really like this because it starts to become a love triangle. I also like how the place they live in is so organized. Even though if I lived there I would not be able to stand it. They all have there own individual meals with all the right vitamins, nutrients and more for that specific person. They are not allowed to share food. I enjoy reading about this but again, I would not be able to live in such a controlled society.
I also read Matched, and the love triangle was very interesting to me as well. This is one of my favorite books, and it took me a long time to begin the rest of the series. I suggest reading the rest of the series sometime after you finish this book. Are you going to continue the series?
I am going to continue the series. I think that she likes Ky because she wants to. If someone else forces you to be together then it is not true love, like her and Xander. All though she is matched with Xander it is not true love because they were forced to be together.
I am reading The Power of Six by Pittacus Lore. I am about halfway through the book, and what I am most enjoying in my book right now is that John(Four) wants to love Sarah Hart, but he is falling for Six. Sarah Hart was John's first love for a longer period of time than six months, and John believes that she is his only true love. John is falling for Six because she's Loric like him, and because Sarah is far away from him. I would recommend this book and series.
Hello Simon, I love this book and this series. But if you have already read this series, shouldn't you be reading the revenge of 7. If not I understand if you need to refresh on the series like I do, I would also like to know a little more about you and the series. Bye!
I am reading Surrender by Sonya Hartnett. So far through the first 30-40 pages I have read, I know that there is a young man named Gabriel that is dying a slow painful and bloody death, while he recaps his life. Another character that was introduced was Finnigan, who is a wild boy and Gabriel's doppelganger. I think that Finnigan may not be real and just a figment of Gabriel's imagination. Finnigan is a dark evil boy, so I think that Finnigan is just Gabriel's dark and evil side.
I have currently started reading the book ‘Out of My Mind’ by Sharon M. Draper. It is about a girl named Melody with a “disability”, Including: inability to communicate, a line random movements, inability to walk, and is clumsy or falls over easily. Melody may not be able to speak, but she treasures and understands each and every word. And even though you’d expect that if she is incapable of doing so many things she might not be smart, but Melody is a lot more than what she may appear to be. No, she was way more, she could remember everything she saw and save it in her memory she is exactly like a recording camera on that never stops. Sadly nobody really knows that and she has no way of telling anybody, in fact the doctor even said she was completely retarded! And what was Melody to do? Her mother on the other hand, believes in her and so does her dad. So thus her adventures begins as she begins school.
I'm reading the 2nd book in the Edge Chronicles by Chris Riddell & Paul Stewart. It's about this boy named Twig who lives in Under town on the edge of the world. above Under town is a floating city called Sanctophrax, which is kept from floating away by large chains connecting it to Under town that occasionally break and cause a panic. Sanctophrax is only for the academics. Twig wanders around Under town until he hears someone call his name from an alley. He looks around until he sees a bird named Caterbird who asks him to set him free, but Twig overhears Caterbird say something about the importance of stormphrax dust and tells Caterbird that he won't let him out of his cage until he tells Twig what's going on. I can't wait to find out what happens next!
I am currently reading Dancer Daughter Traitor Spy by Elizabeth Kiem. I am really enjoying this book because every time you flip the page you are expecting one thing to happen but another something completely different happens. So far I am really enjoying this book and the author really has a keen sense for keeping her readers on the edge of their seats.
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like a good book that when you expect one thing but another thing happens. My book sort of does that too. What is another reason you love this book?
DeleteI also love this book because it is full of mystery and drama.
DeleteWhat is the story really about?
DeleteIt is about a girl named Marina whose life and world that has pretty much been flipped upside down and backwards. does that answer your question?
Deleteyea Kate...^^
DeleteHow does the author keep the reader on the edge of her seat? Does the author use a particular set of strategies?
DeleteI am currently reading the book, Perfect written by the author Natasha Friend. I love this book because it includes fun events which makes me get hooked up with this book. This book includes some sad events too, but most of the part is about the main character Isabelle's adventure in school and in GROUP, so I enjoy it. I'm looking forward to reading the next part of this book quickly.
ReplyDeleteIt might sound weird because I didn't explain what the story was about. Basically the main character, Isabelle meets a girl named Ashley who Isabelle thinks she's perfect. Isabelle admires Ashley for her outstanding beauty and perfect grades all the time, but later on, she notices that Ashley is happy on the outside, but hurt in the inside of her heart. Since, Isabelle's heart was broken too, they rely on each other's shoulders to overcome the difficulty.
DeleteI love what you added in your second post!
DeleteI am currently reading the second book of the Lorien Legacies Series, called The Power of Six, by Pittacus Lore. I just started the book today because I finished the first book of this series yesterday, called I Am Number Four. So I am just going to tell you how much I enjoyed the end of the last book. I loved the ending of I Am Number Four because there was lots of action and character development. A new character was introduced and my questions were answered that I came up with at the beginning of the book. Secrets were revealed. Cool things were used by characters. I can not explain with too much detail because it would ruin the book for my peers, but it was a very exciting and happy end, but it had my favorite end to great books......a good cliffhanger. As I read The Power of Six, I hope to learn more about the characters and things that happened in the past. I would definitely recommend this book to my classmates.
ReplyDeleteWhat's next in the series?
DeleteI'm reading Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan. I am enjoying it because it has characters going on a quest that is life threatening, because they go into the Labyrinth, and that really hooks me in so I always want to read more. I never want to stop reading it. Also I'm at a part where some main characters are missing and the stop talking about them, other than the main characters talking/looking for them.
ReplyDeleteI have read this book and the series if you are really enjoying it you should keep going. Trust me there is a lot more in store for these heroes and the farther along in the series you get the more thrilling it will become.
DeleteIs there anything else that intrigues you about this book?
DeleteI was planning to do that. I can't wait for the second series. Did you read the second series?
DeleteI have and I finished the House of Hades two sudays ago.
DeleteI love how you can expect one thing sometimes but get another thing to happen. It's amazing!
DeleteThe series sounds intriguing! I'm a little confused, though, by the last sentence. What, exactly, do you mean? Thanks!
DeleteI am currently reading Divergent by Veronica Roth. I am enjoying it because the main characters are easy to relate to. They go through everyday things that we go through. I am also enjoying because it is a page turner. You are never bored while you are reading this book. There are never any lulls. I am really enjoying this book so far and I would recommend it to anybody.
ReplyDeleteI am also reading Divergent, and I am enjoying the book as well. I find the book very exciting and interesting. I stopped reading though, because one of my friends wanted to watch the movie, and it gave away very important parts in the book. Are you almost done with the book, or have you just started? Do you find some parts more interesting then others? I would recommend Divergent too.
DeleteI also loved this book. I'm always impressed when an author can make a character relatable, even in a dystopian world.
DeleteI just finished The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. There were so many things I loved about this book. One thing I loved was the quotes. The writing in this book was so beautiful and thoughtful. I think John Green is an amazing author. I also loved the characters. Hazel and Augustus are both so smart and charming, and watching their relationship grow was very fun. Lastly, I loved the story. It was happy, tragic, romantic, funny, and moving all at the same time. I fell in love with this book like Hazel did: slowly, then all at once.
ReplyDeleteThe Fault in our Stars was a really great book. I also loved the quotes in it. Which character did you like most in the book?
DeleteAny particular lines that really stood out to you?
DeleteI really love your last line and the connection to the text.
DeleteI have just began to read a book called Safekeeping by Karen Hesse. I am enjoying it because it is a mysterious dystopian book, and I like the slightly chilling aspect of it. The book is about a girl who goes and volunteers in Haiti to help orphaned children, only to have to return to America when the president is assassinated. In the part that I am reading, she has just arrived at the airport in America. Her cell phone is dead, and her parents are very late in picking her up. Eventually she leaves the airport, manages to get to a gas station, and uses the pay phone only to find that her parent's home phone has been disconnected. I am really enjoying the suspense, and I can't wait to find out what happens next.
ReplyDeleteI read Safekeeping last year, and I really liked it. The photography in the book is very beautiful, and the suspense excited me too. I thought it was a great story of determination and loyalty. However, I did feel that the figurative language in the book was not very deep. Overall, I loved Safekeeping and I hope you do too.
DeleteThis novel is another favorite of mine--a dystopian twist (back to that genre, Roshini :) --but it still feels fresh and unique. I found myself believing the events that occur could really happen.
DeleteI have ben reading two independent reading books, Divergent and Marked. Marked is about a sixteen-yearold girl named Zoey. Zoey was marked, which meant that she had turned into a young vampire and had to leave her old life and move to "The House of Night", a school where she will learn how to become an adult vampire. What I love about this book, is that I can see everything that's happening in my head like an ongoing movie. I usually don't read many fantasy books about vampires, but this book was recommended, and I am so glad I started it. I'm almost done with Divergent, which is a book about a sixteen-yearold girl named Tris. In their society, there are five factions, Abnegation, Dauntless, Amity, Condor and Erudite. You need to part of one faction in order to survive, and Tris is Divergent. When your Divergent, it means you belong to more then one faction, your different from everyone else. Divergents threaten the system and society and need to be removed. I like the plot of the book, and how the author created an entire world with her imagination, and shared it with others.
ReplyDeleteI really want to read the book Marked. I love to read about vampires and imaginary characters!
DeleteI'm glad you're enjoying both books! I'd love to hear more about how the author creates this world and makes it so intriguing.
DeleteI have been reading "The Count of Monte Cristo" by Alexandre Dumas. The book is about a young man (Edmond Dantes) who lives in France after Napoleon was overthrown. He is falsely accused of helping Napoleon, and is imprisoned in a dungeon. I am in the part of the book (after he escapes prison) where he exacts revenge against his enemies who put him in prison. I can't give too much away, but I can say that it is quite hilarious. I really recommend this book!
ReplyDeleteI have read "The Count of Monte Cristo." I It's an engaging read and is very exciting. Henry, did you like the book? I thought it was awesome. I would really recommend this book too.
DeleteOoh, this book seems interesting. Wow, he is falsely accused, and he is looking for revenge! What kinds of things in the book made you love it so much, and why? How was the book funny to you, and did you laugh out loud while reading this book?
DeleteGreat comments, guys! And interesting summary, Henry. I'm wondering is the entire book hilarious, or just the scene you mention? I'm glad you're enjoying it.
DeleteI have been reading The Giver by Lois Lowry. It's about Jonas and his Utopia after his 12th ceremony gets selected for his job. and he gets different types of memories than other people do, and more. I'm enjoying this book because it's a unique book, and I like the way it's constructed. And after the end in this book I'm curious to see what will happen next. I'm also reading this book because the first time I read it I felt like I rushed it. The Giver is also the first book of a series. I'd recommend this book and the series even though I'm not close to finishing this series.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to hear you're tackling something again if you felt rushed the first time around. What do you think will be different about the experience this time? You mention the unique construction; what exactly is unique about it?
DeleteI have been reading the book Matched by Ally Condie. I am enjoying this book a lot. What I really like is that the main character, Cassia, was matched with her best friend, Xander, but on the screen flashes another face. Ky Markham. They said it was a mistake and he can't even be matched because his father did something bad and so it effected his son too, but she starts to fall for Ky and she can't get Ky out of her head. I really like this because it starts to become a love triangle. I also like how the place they live in is so organized. Even though if I lived there I would not be able to stand it. They all have there own individual meals with all the right vitamins, nutrients and more for that specific person. They are not allowed to share food. I enjoy reading about this but again, I would not be able to live in such a controlled society.
ReplyDeleteI also read Matched, and the love triangle was very interesting to me as well. This is one of my favorite books, and it took me a long time to begin the rest of the series. I suggest reading the rest of the series sometime after you finish this book. Are you going to continue the series?
DeleteI enjoy hearing about your connection to the text. Do you think Cassia likes Ky because she wants to, or is the state forcing her to do so?
DeleteI am going to continue the series. I think that she likes Ky because she wants to. If someone else forces you to be together then it is not true love, like her and Xander. All though she is matched with Xander it is not true love because they were forced to be together.
DeleteI am reading The Power of Six by Pittacus Lore. I am about halfway through the book, and what I am most enjoying in my book right now is that John(Four) wants to love Sarah Hart, but he is falling for Six. Sarah Hart was John's first love for a longer period of time than six months, and John believes that she is his only true love. John is falling for Six because she's Loric like him, and because Sarah is far away from him. I would recommend this book and series.
ReplyDeleteI really liked the Power of Six. Which one did you enjoy reading more, the Power of Six or I am number Four?
DeleteI don't have a favorite I enjoyed reading both books equally.
DeleteHello Simon, I love this book and this series. But if you have already read this series, shouldn't you be reading the revenge of 7. If not I understand if you need to refresh on the series like I do, I would also like to know a little more about you and the series. Bye!
DeleteWhich one did you enjoy more?
DeleteNick, I am rereading the series for the second reason you gave, that I like to refresh the series.
DeleteI like this angle, but what else interests you about this book? Did anything else make you want to read it again?
DeleteI am reading Surrender by Sonya Hartnett. So far through the first 30-40 pages I have read, I know that there is a young man named Gabriel that is dying a slow painful and bloody death, while he recaps his life. Another character that was introduced was Finnigan, who is a wild boy and Gabriel's doppelganger. I think that Finnigan may not be real and just a figment of Gabriel's imagination. Finnigan is a dark evil boy, so I think that Finnigan is just Gabriel's dark and evil side.
ReplyDeleteIs the book making more sense?
DeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteI have currently started reading the book ‘Out of My Mind’ by Sharon M. Draper. It is about a girl named Melody with a “disability”, Including: inability to communicate, a line random movements, inability to walk, and is clumsy or falls over easily. Melody may not be able to speak, but she treasures and understands each and every word. And even though you’d expect that if she is incapable of doing so many things she might not be smart, but Melody is a lot more than what she may appear to be. No, she was way more, she could remember everything she saw and save it in her memory she is exactly like a recording camera on that never stops. Sadly nobody really knows that and she has no way of telling anybody, in fact the doctor even said she was completely retarded! And what was Melody to do? Her mother on the other hand, believes in her and so does her dad. So thus her adventures begins as she begins school.
ReplyDeleteThis sounds interesting. What is it that you like about the book?
DeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteI'm reading the 2nd book in the Edge Chronicles by Chris Riddell & Paul Stewart. It's about this boy named Twig who lives in Under town on the edge of the world. above Under town is a floating city called Sanctophrax, which is kept from floating away by large chains connecting it to Under town that occasionally break and cause a panic. Sanctophrax is only for the academics. Twig wanders around Under town until he hears someone call his name from an alley. He looks around until he sees a bird named Caterbird who asks him to set him free, but Twig overhears Caterbird say something about the importance of stormphrax dust and tells Caterbird that he won't let him out of his cage until he tells Twig what's going on. I can't wait to find out what happens next!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete