Monday, August 25, 2014

Welcome to our Independent Reading Blog! Post your blogs about your reading here. Make sure to answer the latest question as directed.

39 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am reading Warriors: Tallstar's Revenge. It is a series book ,and to really get it, you'd want to start from the very beginning, Warriors: Into the Wild. Anyways, its about Tallstar's life and the challanges he faces with his clan and personal life. His father wants him to be a tunneler, like him and his mother, Palebird. But Tallpaw (Tallstar) wants to fallow his own path and be a moor runner. There is also a prophecy revolving around Windclan itself. I'm wondering how will his story end.

      Delete
    2. The book I'm reading is called The Mysterious Case of the Dog at Midnight. As you may have already guessed, its about a dog. On the first page, the scene really stood out to me as a good visual. The night and the dimly lit porch leading up to the dog lying on the ground. I could just hear the scary music playing in my head. The dog was dead.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. (*o*) (-_-) (O_O) (^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where's the question?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jonas was our favorite character in The Giver. This is because he was friendly to the other characters. He was courageous and stood up for what he thought was right (even though that went against his society's rules). He reminds Nick of a friend he has.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favorite character in the Giver is Jonas.
    He is my favorite because he was fighting for what he believed was right. He did this by running away so that everyone in his community could experience the same happiness and sadness that he could. He didn't believe it was right that everyone was deprived of all the feelings and colors he could see and feel. He was really inspiring because even though he was running away from home he did it so everyone understood what they where missing. That is why he was my favorite character.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jonas is our favorite character because he saved Gabriel's life. Jonas is content until he learns what actually happens in the community and tries to stop it. He helps Gabriel sleep by giving him good memories.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Avishka/CJ-
    Our favorite character in the Giver was Gabe because he was such a small role, but impacted the comprehension of the readers understanding of The Giver's plot. Lois Lowry described our favorite character very well and hid it so that the readers would find evidence to back up there perspectives. Gabe dictated the actions of another character in the book based on their connection with each other, through love that was forbidden in their society. This made their connection even stronger. When Gabe was a baby he didn't seem like much, but through out the book, Lois Lowry did a great job developing him as a character.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Our favorite character from the Giver, is Jonas. The reason he is our favorite character is because he is very adventurous and tries to do create something new. He is sympathetic for the adopted baby and saves the baby from harms way, when the nursing center threatens to kill the baby. Therefore, we think that Jonas is our favorite character.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am reading Matched. I have only read to chapter six which is page 55. Cassia takes a step and brakes open the tablet. I think that she might be in trouble because when there is a lost tablet you are supposed to freeze. She saw someone she was thinking about and so she stepped toward them, broke the tablet and then the last sentence in that chapter said that an official grabbed her elbow and asked what happened. That is why I think she will be in trouble.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed the same book, but is it just as good as divergent? Why or why not?
      Can you relate to any of the characters? And finally, why do yo think Cassia is in trouble?

      Delete
  13. I am reading Dancer Daughter Traitor Spy. It is about a girl named Marina. She does ballet at Vera Pertrovna's advanced repertory academy of the Bolshoi Ballet. The night before class she had heard her mother and father arguing about wether or not they should tell her something important. So the next day instead of going to the middle of the floor and practicing her triple pirouette she stays at the bar pondering what she had heard last night. I can't wait to find out what they were talking about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How old is Marina? What is a triple pirouette? I'd really like to know what their talking about! it seems really interesting.

      Delete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The book that I am reading is called Cinder by Marissa Meyer, it is the first book in an amazing trilogy. The book has a total of 387 pages. Cinders legal guardian signed Cinder up for the testings, where you go into a lab and they inject you with a deadly plague, and try to find a cure by testing on you. She goes in the lab, and the scientists scan her, and they find out that she is partly made of metal. The discovery highly increases the chances of Cinder being immune. They inject her with the plague, and she blacks out. I can’t wait to find out what happens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This book sounds really good! It seems like the kind of book you don't want to put down. How does Cinder react when she finds out that she's partly made of metal?

      Delete
  16. I'm reading the 2nd book in the Edge Chronicles by Chris Riddell & Paul Stewart. It's about this boy named Twig who lives in Under town on the edge of the world. above Under town is a floating city called Sanctophrax, which is kept from floating away by large chains connecting it to Under town that occasionally break and cause a panic. Sanctophrax is only for the academics. Twig wanders around Under town until he hears someone call his name from an alley. He looks around until he sees a bird named Caterbird who asks him to set him free, but Twig overhears Caterbird say something about the importance of stormphrax dust and tells Caterbird that he won't let him out of his cage until he tells Twig what's going on. I can't wait to find out what happens next!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am reading I'd Tell you I Love you but Then I'd Have to Kill You by: Ally Carter it is about a girl named Cammie Morgan who can speak 14 languages, can kill someone with uncooked spaghetti, and can crack CIA codes, so basically she is a spy. She goes to Gallagher academy for young girls who are training to be spies. But, there is something she doesn't realize, she is falling in love with a boy, and he isn't even a spy! I love the book so far it really brought me in with a good hook, and I can't stop reading, and I am very happy that this is a series, so I can keep reading without stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  19. My book is called Tallstar's revenge by Erin Hunter. I am enjoying the heart felt suspense and all the excitement in the young warrior's life, he has suffered through many troubles and I belive I am reaching the climax of this amazing book.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The book that I'm currently reading is The Edge Chronicles by Chris Riddell and Paul Stewart. A scene of the book that I could easily visualize was when Twig was desperately trying to get Caterbird out of his cage before the owner of the shop comes back. Of course the owner comes back in time to catch Twig in the act, but that makes it exciting and Twig has to run through the market until he finds his father and they get on their ship.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The book I'm reading is called The Mysterious Case of the Dog at Midnight. As you may have already guessed, its about a dog. On the first page, the scene really stood out to me as a good visual. The night and the dimly lit porch leading up to the dog lying on the ground. I could just hear the scary music playing in my head. The dog was dead.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The book I'm reading is called All the Lovely Bad Ones. Its about a boy named travis and his sister, Corey. They go up to their grandmother's inn for the summer and learn about the inn's supernatural past. Sense the inn isn't getting enough business, the two siblings decide to play pranks to draw more attention to the "haunted" inn. But will the commotion draw out the inn's true supernatural residents on fox hill?

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm reading a book called The Nazi Hunter, by Neal Bascomb. I just started the book, but so far it has captured the views of a Nazi commander, Adolf Eichmann, who is in charge of exterminating Jews in countries that are Nazi occupied and a young Jewish man named Zeev who has just arrived to a labour camp. When they arrived at the train station Zeev was separated from his family. I think that when the war ends Zeev is going to become a Nazi hunter, I think that Nazi hunters are people who try to find Nazis and German sympathizers so that they can be punished, and one of the Nazis that Zeev will find is the commander of his camp, Adolf Eichmann.

    ReplyDelete